Programme Team Leader - Engineering
SRUC is a widely respected higher education institute dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond. An organisation unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe; we aim to lead the way in innovation and sustainable development in the agriculture and rural sectors at local, national and international levels.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to consolidate and grow SRUC’s engineering education and training provision at our Barony Campus.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- The development of an industry-led, vibrant programme of growth for SRUC’s Land-based Engineering education and training capability in the South and West Faculty;
- To identify opportunities to further develop and enhance the academic portfolio to increase student recruitment;
- The operational leadership of Land-based Engineering related training and education activities (staff, students/trainees, resources and outputs) in the South and West Faculty;
- The operational leadership, and development of the English Apprenticeship programme to be delivered from the Barony campus;
- To identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio for national and international recruitment;
- The development of a good working relationship with colleagues that have relevant interests (e.g. with engineering colleagues at SRUC’s Oatridge campus) so as to maximising business opportunities for the wider SRUC and improve the ‘student/trainee experience’.
- The establishment and maintenance of strong, positive working relationship with sector stakeholders and in particular employers and machinery manufacturers;
- Teaching and training campus-based and work-based students;
- Ensuring the timely preparation of teaching and assessment timetables;
- Ensuring that campus-based and work-based learning programmes meet as a minimum the relevant contractual and QA/QC requirements, including the compilation and submission of internal and external data and reports as required;
- Ensuring cross Faculty standardisation is fully engaged with and implemented;
- To identify and help meet staff training/development needs;
- To ensure compliance with the policy and guidelines on health and safety in teaching.
Experience & Qualifications required:
Applicants will hold an engineering qualification together with proven track record in leadership and quality enhancement within the vocational education sector. Significant and proven previous relevant commercial experience in the sector is required as is experience of delivering relevant training/education. The successful candidate will possess effective management and leadership skills as well as excellent communication skills.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Prof Davy McCracken, Head of Department, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01292 525 299.
Please note, interviews will be held on 16th December 2019.
Important information Please download and read the following information before proceeding with your application:
Apply To apply for this role, please click APPLY.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
Closing Date: 10 December 2019
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046