Technical Instructor, Engineering and Workshops
Application closing date 08/12/2019
Location Preston Campus
Salary Grade/Salary: F (£25941- 30046)
Job category/type Professional Services
We have an exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly expanding engineering facilities at the University of Central Lancashire.
The post holder will play a crucial role, as a part of a highly skilled Technical Services team, in supporting the engineering workshops. The post holder will be involved in the expansion of support for these newly enlarged facilities to include not only existing and developing engineering areas such as: mechanical, motorsport, aerospace, robotics, etc., but also design based areas of the wider university.
The successful candidate will be primarily focussed on supporting undergraduate classes, research and income generation activities.
The successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive and will possess a range of relevant CNC based skills and experience, which they will be enthusiastic to apply in a variety of different applications. They will have the ability to work with initiative and independently, to set priorities and to work co-operatively within a diverse team. The ability to adapt your knowledge and experience to support staff and students across the wide range of subject disciplines we support would be an advantage. Applicants must also have good verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits include -
- A full time annual holiday entitlement of 42 days, including 8 statutory public holidays and 4 discretionary University days.
- A 36.25 hour working week.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours – flexi time scheme
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to UCLan’s Pre-school centre
- Access to the University’s outstanding sport facilities which include the UCLan Sports Arena and the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre with competitive membership packages.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
School/Service: Learning & Information Services
Grade/Salary: F (£25941- 30046)
Hours: Full Time (36.25 hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
Interview Date: To be confirmed