Teaching Fellow/Lecturer in Digital Investigations
School/Department Cranfield Defence and Security
Based at Cranfield or Shrivenham, Oxfordshire
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered
Contract type Permanent
Salary Teaching Fellow £33,309 to £37,127 pa (with additional performance related pay up to £46,409 pa) OR Lecturer £43,351 to £48,323 pa (with additional performance related pay up to £60,403 pa)
Apply by 05/01/2020
Role Location: Shrivenham (with a requirement to also teach at Cranfield) or Cranfield (with a requirement to also teach at Shrivenham).
You will deliver cutting edge lectures and courses, derived from both academic research and real world consultancy; Design, develop and manage further modules, short courses and Masters programs in related areas.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervise practical work where it is part of the course and advise students on techniques
- Lectures, exercises, and assessment material will focus on educating students on digital investigation techniques from first principles, at the binary level
- Plan and carry out research and analysis in Digital Investigation, and Computer Science, contributing to the advancement of the discipline and the discovery of new knowledge
- Demonstrate and maintain research activity of high reputation in the UK and abroad
- Supervise MSc & PhD students
Lecturer – you will have a PhD or nearing completion, preferably related to Digital Forensics Incident Response, Electronic Engineering, Computer Security OR an MSc with significant practitioner experience.
Teaching Fellow – you will have a Degree level education, preferably in a discipline related to Digital Forensics Incident Response, Electronic Engineering, Computer Security.
Lecturer and Teaching Fellow - Network Administration experience or experience of working with binary level data.
You will have research experience together with some appropriate teaching experience within Digital Investigation or an associated discipline and experience of writing and delivering either academic papers to a peer reviewed environment or Case Reports / Expert Witness Statements.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.
More searches like this
- $60,001 - $75,000 Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts Bedford jobs in Swindon
- $60,001 - $75,000 Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors Bedford jobs in Swindon
- $60,001 - $75,000 Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Teaching Fellowships Bedford jobs in Swindon