Australian Antarctic Program Partnership, Program Leader
- Full time, fixed term position until February 2023
- Based in Hobart, Salamanca IMAS Building
- Build a strong reputation for the University of Tasmania
The Australian Antarctic Program Partnership (AAPP) is hosted by the Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies. Partnering with the Australian Antarctic Division, CSIRO and the Bureau of Meteorology, this program is responsible for focusing on researching the Australian Antarctic Territory and Southern Ocean, addressing priorities within the Australian Antarctic Science Strategic Plan and the Australian Antarctic Strategy and 20 Year Action Plan.
The Australian Antarctic Program Partnership (AAPP) – Program Leader is responsible for driving the delivery of the AAPP research program in collaboration with AAPP’s Management Committee and Independent Chair.
- Uphold the quality and integrity of the AAPP
- Develop and deliver the AAPP’s research program, annual plan and people plan
- Manage an approved annual budget
- Enable and support academic and operational excellence
- Provide leadership
- Support performance and career development for developing AAPP staff
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Academic experience and qualifications
- Experience in achieving program objectives
- Experience leading and developing a high performing team
- Experience representing a program across a range of organisations and fora
- An accomplished record of academic excellence
- Experience of building high profile partnerships
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D or Academic Level E and will have a total remuneration package of up to $210,344 comprising base salary of $142,538 to $179,781 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Terry Bailey, Executive Director - IMAS, Terry.Bailey@utas.edu.au or 6226 2522.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 16 January 2020, 11:55 pm