Teaching Assistant in Accounting and Finance
The School of Business (SoB) of the University is making significant investments in new academic
positions to support its strategic development within the next five years to enable the School and its
newly formed Department of Economics and Finance to be a key player in the field, both nationally
Teaching Assistant provides help to the academic staff whom s/he is assisting, the Chair of
Department, faculty members, or other professional staff members in the University by performing
teaching-related duties of undergraduate courses, developing teaching materials, conducting tutorial
sessions and grading examinations.
This opening will be a good opportunity to join a strong team of academics committed to enhancing
the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr.
VACANCY AVAILABLE: One
SCHOOL/DEPARTMENT: School of Business /Economics and Finance
JOB FAMILY: Academic
TYPE OF CONTRACT: PTE
HOURS OF WORK: 15 Hours/Week
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
REPORTING TO: Chair of the Department
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 1 Year
PROBATION: 3 Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under direction from the Module Leader, to provide support on undergraduate course delivered by the Department.
- To teach one module for UG of average 3 hours per week.
- To provide Research Assistance work in conjunction with Faculty members, on projects deemed to be appropriate by the Department.
- Assist in assignment grading for UG student.
- To attend academic conferences and seminars to present papers.
- To undertake administrative duties as directed by the Chair of Department.
- To promote the image and reputation of the Department and School in the wider academic and business community.
- To engage in other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as required.
- The post-holder should have the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- MSc Degree in Accounting/Finance and Banking/MA in Business and Management or in a relevant field.
- A recognized Teaching Certificate at the university level.
- Fluency in English language: reading, writing and speaking
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum, teaching and instruction for
- individuals and multicultural groups.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing student and personal services. This, includes student needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of student satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to email@example.com by indicating the specific Vacancy Title: Teaching Assistant in Accounting and Finance, and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at ‘Vacancies’ on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview