Customer Service Advisor
Location: London Shepherds Bush
Closing date: 24/12/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Operations - UK Centres - Customer Services
To provide proactive customer service and excellent facilities services to students, customers, visitors and staff.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an excellent front of house experience for all students and visitors.
- To provide a seamless approach to customer service at the study centre. This includes being first-line support for all student queries, regardless of qualification.
- As an example, for BPP University students you will be expected to be able to resolve many queries for students at the desk, and to appropriately refer queries on to specialist teams as appropriate, within agreed processes. This may involve referrals to on-site or remote Student Services staff (such as student advice, careers and library), Registry staff (such as student records, learning support and exams), IT and faculty. You will also assist with the delivery of some on-site processes such as taking in documentation for faculty or handing out materials to students, assisting with registrations as agreed by your line manager with the team requesting this work.
- Build close relationships with students, maintain excellent product knowledge, and use this to advise students on their options.
- Cover reception as part of a rota (includes weekends and evenings).
- Manage the centre’s Computer Based Testing. This may include: organising rooms, computers, download of exams, invigilate and/or arrange invigilation as and when required, course instance setup, scheduling of CBAs, software updates, purchase of vouchers.
- Provide support for BPP events, e.g. Open days.
- Maintain up-to-date and relevant student contact details. Ensure X3 systems are updated regularly.
- Prepare data sheets and collect student information for the CIMA/ACCA pass rates / results service.
- As and when required, manage course exam processes - sending out of mocks to markers and administering the marks.
In smaller BPP University Ltd centres, library duties may be part of the role, under direction of the Regional Learning Centre Manager/Team Leader
- Undertake general administration tasks as directed by the MD and Centre Manager.
- Ensure the reception area is kept clear and tidy, including maintaining brochure display stands with up to date brochures.
- Ensure all course registers are input into the relevant system either on the day the course takes place or no longer than 24 hours after course day completed.
- Ensure external mail is collected, franked and ready for collection. Distribute all internal and external post.
- Manage refreshments and room bookings for external events.
- Liaise with Scheduling Team on room bookings when required.
- First point of contact for facilities/building issues that arise.
- Provide classroom support including room set up, furniture configuration changes.
- Active housekeeping and constant monitoring to ensure that standards are maintained at all times
Health & Safety
Duties to include but not be limited to:
- Act as Health & Safety Contact, First Aider and Chief Fire Marshall
- Complete paperwork to eRisk standard
- Participate in quarterly H&S meetings
- Implement environmental initiatives as directed by the H&S Manager
- Assist with disaster recovery plan with ERT and assist with activity in emergency situations
General Responsibilities and Accountabilities for all Team Members
- Dedicated to ensuring that students have an excellent experience whilst being at BPP
- To maintain high standards of work and professionalism at all times, particularly with regards to accuracy and presentation in both written and verbal communication
- To comply with all aspects of BPP’s business policies and procedures particularly H&S, data protection, equality and diversity
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A proven record in providing exceptional levels of customer service
- Must take ownership of issues and associated responsibility for completing a task
- Well organised and self-disciplined with ability to prioritise under pressure
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to build a strong internal work
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Experience of working within a facilities environment
- Manual handling and ladder trained
- Fire Marshall
- First Aid Trained