Research Fellow (contract ending 30 September 2020), Office of Core Curriculum
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university. Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Conduct research fieldwork and analysis relevant towards urban heat island and outdoor thermal comfort mitigation as per the Cooling Singapore initiative (https://www.coolingsingapore.sg/)
- Analyse climate and social science data pertaining to individual perception and sensation of environmental and climate variables
- Assist in writing of project grants and research publication of data Qualifications Ph.D. in physical geography or sustainable sciences with demonstrated relevant expertise in quantitative methods (e.g. data analysis and climate modelling) and/or qualitative methods (e.g. field surveys, focus group discussions).
- Knowledge/Proficiency in programming, spatial science and statistical software is required (e.g. R, ArcGIS, Matlab)
- Demonstrated experience in urban climate fieldwork is expected Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members