Research Fellow/Research Assistant in Hydrogel-Forming Microarray Patches
Application closing date 05/12/2019
Research Fellow: £33,797 - £39,152 per annum
Research Assistant: £28,331 - £32,817 per annum
Job category/type Research
Queen's University Belfast is a driver of innovation based on our talented, multinational workforce. Throughout the University, our academics are collaborating across disciplines to develop new discoveries and insights, working with outside agencies and institutions on projects of international significance. We are connected and networked with strategic partnerships across the world, helping us to expand our impact on wider society locally, nationally and globally. The University is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best global talent within an environment that enables them to realise their full potential.
We are a leader in gender equality and diversity, and are one of the UK's most successful universities in the Athena SWAN initiative which promotes gender equality and career progression. The School of Pharmacy holds an Athena SWAN Silver award in recognition of our commitment and success in addressing gender equality, representation, progression and success for all our staff. We are ranked 1st in the UK for knowledge transfer partnerships, (Innovate UK) 9th in the UK for University facilities (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018) and 14th in the UK for research quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
Based in Belfast, a modern capital city, our beautiful campus is surrounded by abundant acres of parkland and is renowned as one of the safest and affordable cities in the UK. The choice of local Schools from pre-nursery upwards are some of the best available, and lovers of the outdoors can enjoy any number of activities from rowing and kayaking to top class golf among many others. We are immensely proud of what our city and our University will offer you.
Our five core values - Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence - are shared by our staff and students, representing the expectations we have for ourselves and each other, guiding our day-to-day decisions and the way we behave as individuals in an international organisation.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen's has been ranked 2nd in the latest rankings in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 for Pharmacology and Pharmacy.
We are recruiting for a Research Fellow who will be part of a Group led by Prof Ryan Donnelly to assist in the development and pre-clinical and industrial translation of novel microarray patch systems for minimally-invasive patient monitoring/diagnosis. The successful candidate will assist in the planning and delivery of this research activity so that the overall research objectives of the project are met.
The successful Research Fellow must have:
- Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences or a closely-related discipline
- Or about to obtain a PhD in drug delivery/pharmaceutics/biosensors
- At least 3 years recent, relevant research experience to include experience in pharmaceutical analysis, including HPLC
If we do not appoint at Research Fellow level we will also considering appointing at Research Assistant level for which the criteria is:
- Have a degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences or a closely-related discipline
- At least 1 year's recent, relevant, research experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Recent, relevant, experience in pharmaceutical analysis, including HPLC
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Sara Cordeiro via email to email@example.com
More searches like this
- $45,001 - $60,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Belfast
- $45,001 - $60,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Belfast
- $45,001 - $60,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Research Related jobs in Belfast
- $45,001 - $60,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Belfast