Customer Service Advisor
Closing date: 12/12/2019
Salary: £17,500 - £18,500
Employment type: Permanent
Permanent, part time (30 hours per week)
Shift rota as required to cover the opening hours of the centre, plus overtime as required
Provide proactive customer service and excellent facilities services to customers, visitors and staff.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an excellent front of house experience for all students and visitors
- To provide a seamless approach to customer service at the study centre. This includes being first-line support for all student queries, regardless of qualification. As an example, for University students, you will be expected to be able to resolve the majority of queries for students at the desk, and to appropriately refer queries on to specialist teams as appropriate, within agreed processes. This may involve referrals to on-site or remote Student Services staff (such as student advice, careers and library), Registry staff (such as student records, learning support and exams), IT and faculty. You will also assist with the delivery of some on-site processes such as taking in documentation for faculty or handing out materials to students, as agreed by your line manager with the team requesting this work.
- Assist with registration as required, liaising with SRO
- Build close relationships with students, maintain excellent product knowledge, and use this to advise students on their options
- Be an ambassador to prospective students. Offer to meet them at the BPP site and show them around. Follow up leads from open days etc.
- Proactively formulate improvements to local service
- Ensure telephones are appropriately resourced and answered in accordance with established service levels, and ensure that student email queries are replied to within 24 hours.
- Ensure onsite customer service queries and issues are resolved to an exceptional standard both promptly and efficiently.
- Provide the first point of contact for customers and visitors, react to any building queries and liaise with the FM team to ensure prompt resolution.
- Cover reception as part of a rota (includes weekends and evenings).
- Manage delegate enquiries (e.g. break times, material queries, course dates, run duplicate invoices, joining letters.)
- Answer and transfer internal and external telephone calls in line with service standards
- Undertake welcome calls (faculty and product specific) as directed by Regional Learning Centre Manager/Team Leader/MD.
- Manage the centre’s Computer Based Testing (including TOPCIMA). This may include: organising rooms, computers, download of exams, invigilate and/or arrange invigilation as and when required, course instance setup, scheduling of CBAs, software updates, purchase of vouchers.
- Coordinate distribution of all course material including course exams and the monitoring of markers and admin related tasks.
- Provide support for BPP events e.g. Open days.
- Ensure student feedback is collected and sent to the MI Team for analysis within established timescales.
- Manage stock levels appropriately and oversee quarterly stock takes.
- Where applicable – manage and coordinate client feedback – ensure tutors produce feedback on students, which it is of a high standard, and sent to clients on time.
- Maintain up-to-date and relevant student contact details. Ensure X3 systems are updated regularly.
- Prepare data sheets and collect student information for the CIMA/ACCA pass rates / results service.
- As and when required manage course exam processes - sending out of mocks to markers and administering the marks.
- Work closely with the Service Centre to resolve a wide range of student-related and internal issues.
- Revenue protection - ensure all students who attend have submitted a booking form.
- Where required, process student booking forms and issue related joining instructions.
In smaller BPP University centres, library duties, under direction of the Regional Learning Centre Manager/Team Leader/MD will include:
- Tidy the library area, including re-shelving books and ensuring they are in the correct places.
- Check that self-issue units, printers and photocopiers are in working order and have sufficient paper.
- Add new issues of journals and new books to the shelves and remove old editions.
- Answer basic queries from students, and pass queries on to library staff at other sites as necessary.
- Assist with the distribution of materials to students as required.
- Email a brief report to a designated member of library staff.
- Perform from time to time such other duties as may be consistent with the post or the provision of a high quality library & information service.
- Undertake general administration tasks as directed by the MD and Centre Manager (eg photocopying, ordering stationery, and producing system reports).
- Ensure the reception area is kept clear and tidy, including maintaining brochure display stands with up to date brochures.
- Print daily course lists for the student boards as required
- Ensure all course registers are input into the relevant system either on the day the course takes place or no longer than 24 hours after course day completed.
- Liaise with warehouse, package and return surplus course material as requested
- Ensure external mail is collected, franked and ready for collection. Distribute all internal and external post.
- To provide cover for colleagues as required.
- Where applicable, run end of day invoicing and allocation procedures in X3.
- Provide MI to MD/SA as required from X3 (e.g. list of students from particular clients, revenue spend reports by client).
- Coordinate the booking of ad-hoc rooms.
- Manage refreshments and room bookings for external events.
- Liaise with Scheduling Team on room bookings when required.
- Other support services - Stock control (e.g. stationery), internal office moves, build project support, deliveries, catering support.
- Where applicable, organise student induction sessions, registration days, free student events.
- When required, organise 1:1 counselling sessions with tutors for students with difficulties
- Assist with ad hoc requests from key clients for support
- Maintain correct student data in X3 system.
- When required, process orders and engage in areas of account management for local key clients
- Assist with ad hoc requests from key clients for support.
- Manage invoice sign-off to limit (responsibility) and ensure records are maintained/report to team leader.
- Provide reporting information for the Accounts Department as required.
- First point of contact for facilities/building issues that arise.
- Provide classroom support including room set up, furniture configuration changes
- Replenishment of vending machines –liaise with suppliers as necessary
- Arrange materials in rooms, set up rooms, relocate furniture and moving materials around the building (manual handling).
- Carry out daily building checks to ensure standards are being achieved or exceeded (toilets, common room, reception, car park and classrooms)
- Active housekeeping and constant monitoring to ensure that standards are being maintained at all times.
- Participate in the completion of risk assessments within the building.
- Engage in any other FM / contract management tasks as directed.
- Check AV and IT in classrooms on a regular basis
- Produce monthly reports on outgoing post to monitor cost efficiency and report to Group Procurement.
- Maintain logbook of all facilities activities throughout the day to be communicated to colleagues on the next shift, make/provide refreshments for meetings, distribute daily newspapers to delegate break/rest areas
- Active monitoring of all contract services provided, (e.g. Cleaning and Planned Preventative Maintenance).
- Take responsibility for the general security of demised premises, including key holding and providing an on call service for out of hours emergency 24/7.
Health & Safety
Duties to include but not be limited to:
- Act as Health & Safety Contact, First Aider and Chief Fire Marshall
- Complete paperwork to eRisk standard
- Participate in quarterly H&S meetings
- Implement environmental initiatives as directed by the H&S Manager.
- Assist with disaster recovery plan with ERT and assist with activity in emergency situations
General Responsibilities and Accountabilities for all Team Members
- To be a person that cares about the student having an excellent experience whilst being at BPP
- To be an ambassador for BPP both internally and externally communicating and promoting the vision and direction of the company with passion
- To demonstrate key desired behaviours appropriate to role as agreed with line manager/team leader
- To maintain high standards of work and professionalism at all times, particularly with regards to accuracy and presentation in both written and verbal communication
- To work in partnership with other team members
- To support the line manager / team leader in business planning and budgeting activities
- To make suggestions to improve the working situation within own area of work and BPP as a whole
- To follow data protection guidelines and ensure customer confidentiality is maintained at all times
- To comply with all aspects of BPP’s business policies and procedures particularly H&S, data protection, equality and diversity
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A proven record in providing exceptional levels of customer service
- Must take ownership of issues and associated responsibility for completing a task
- Well organised and self-disciplined with ability to prioritise under pressure
- Able to build good working relationships across all levels
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes to short deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Well organised, conscientious and reliable
- Fire Marshall
- First Aid Trained
- FM Experience
- Health & Safety qualification
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Experience of working within a facilities environment
- Manual handling and ladder trained