Executive Director, Office of the Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Unique senior leadership opportunity at the University of Sydney
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time, continuing Senior Professional Staff D with attractive remuneration package and 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The role of Executive Director (ED) is a senior role, reporting directly to the newly-appointed Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (DVC) and working collaboratively across the Faculties and Portfolios. This is an opportunity for an experienced, talented and energetic executive to:
- provide strategic analysis and advice to the Provost and DVC
- drive institution-wide change programs, multiple individual projects and initiatives
- support the work of the Provost and DVC together with the Deans to ensure the successful strategic outcomes of the Faculties and budgets
- develop and maintain strong relationships between the Provost and DVC’s office and other portfolios
A dedicated and experienced leader, the ED will also manage a small team that supports the Provost and DVC portfolio.
We are looking for a highly experienced Executive Director who has:
- excellent influencing, diplomacy and negotiation skills to build and maintain relationships locally as well as across a large and complex organisation;
- experience in an environment of complex business transformation and change;
- appropriate tertiary qualifications and a sophisticated understanding of the higher education sector;
- a record of achievement in senior leadership encompassing the conceptualisation and delivery of concurrent, complex and potentially sensitive strategic priorities and projects;
- the ability to influence, problem-solve, think creatively, take initiative and exercise effective judgment in a dynamic environment;
- high level analytical skills, with experience developing business cases, undertaking data analysis, reviewing budgets and preparing reports for senior executives regarding strategic initiatives;
- outstanding interpersonal skills; and
- an unwavering commitment to the ethos of excellent service to the mission of the University.
The Provost and DVC has overall responsibility for the University's:
- faculties, including strategies and budgets
- academic programs
- academic performance
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has been making an impact and leading research to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 70,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information:
To learn more about this unique opportunity please contact our advising consultants Kirsten Ludlow and Simone Goldsmith at Boyden on +61 2 9225 7400 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 9 December 2019