Teaching Support Officer
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences is an exceptional community of Scholars and Administrators, who are at the forefront of a wide range of social science and humanities disciplines.
The role of Teaching Support Officer is responsible for overall support to Academic staff and students to ensure Teaching is delivered efficiently and appropriately. This includes ensuring appropriate learning spaces, TELT (Technology Enabled Learning & Teaching) and logistical support are delivered on time and as required.
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) applicants only.
UNSW has obtained an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) to designate and recruit professional and academic positions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons only, to fulfil UNSW’s goal of a representative workforce rate.
- Salary: $87,033 - $92,843 + 17% superannuation & Annual Leave loading (Pro rata)
- Flexible working hours
- Part-time to Full-time hours available (2-5 days per week)
- 14-35hr per week
- Location: Kensington Campus- Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world
The appointee will be expected to:
- Apply, interpret and advise on policies, systems, manuals, rules, procedures and guidelines relevant to Teaching Support activities across the Faculty
- Establish and maintain high level communication and administration in regard to the Learning Management System (LMS) to support the School's TELT activities, acting as TELT administrator as per the faculty TELT guidelines
- Maintain and support assessment needs including external, internal and centrally run exams (and supplementary exams), and coordinate results processing (including special considerations, late entry, changes and disputed marks) as required by course and program convenors
- Under the direction of the operations management team, prepare and process academic casual contracts in line with school budgets
- Review, adjust, coordinate remediation and publish; course outlines, course catalogues, Enrolment Requirement Groups (ERGs), AIMS & Handbook entries across all courses and programs
- Undertake school and faculty term planning activities including completion of accurate Clash Free Course Combinations (CFCCs) as required, ensuring all changes to programs and courses have been accounted for
- Support school and program-specific administration needs including (but not limited to) committee secretariat (L&T meetings), bookings systems, auditions, language placements, student experience surveys, admissions requirements and performance requirements as directed by Operations management team
- Monitor the School’s enrolments into courses, resolve any enrolment issues and recommend open and closure of tutorials and courses
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Within your application, please review the responsibilities and address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Wednesday 4th Dec 2019 (AEST)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.