Postdoctoral Research Associate, Specialist in Late Antique Philology and Literature
Deadline 6 Dec 2019
Start date 1 Jan 2020
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Postdoctoral Research Associate, specialist in Late Antique philology and Literature
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Center for Early Medieval Studies
- The Department of Art History invites applications for a postdoctoral research associate to work with the research project Becoming Radical? Visual Arts, Rituals, Performance and Conversion in the Early Christian Initiation (4th–6th centuries), funded by the Ministry of Education of Czech Republic, project ERC_CZ.
- Based at Masaryk University, Brno, the research associate position is a full-time appointment, initially for 3 years but renewable up to September 2024. The successful applicant will take up the position in January 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- The project will investigate the Role of Material, visual and ritual cultures into the Christianization of the Latin West. The project team is looking in particular for a researcher with a specialist in Late Antique philology and Literature.
- For an informal discussion about the position and the project, including the specific theme, applicants are invited to contact the project leader, Ivan Foletti. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main Duties :
- To undertake research necessary for the successful completion of the project Becoming Radical? Visual Arts, Rituals, Performance and Conversion in the Early Christian Initiation (4th–6th centuries),
- To be responsible for a program of research activities and publications linked to Late Antique philology and Literature.
- To collect and analyze research data through the collation of primary textual and archival sources as well as secondary literature in view of their integration into a database.
- To disseminate research findings through publication (e.g. articles, exhibitions, presentation of papers at research seminars, symposia etc.)
- To assist in the management and administration of the project, including management of the project website
- To contribute to research-related activities and research-related administration in the Department of Art History
Person Specification and requirements:
- A PhD (maximum 5 years after PhD) in Latin/classical philology or literature history of early medieval or late antique western Mediterranean, with evidence of a published research.
- Fluency in English, and high-level knowledge of at least one of Italian, French and German
- Ancient Greek knowledge desirable
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- A familiarity with relevant methods and current literature in the field relating to the project
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to the management and administration of the project
Applicants should submit:
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- degree documents
- publication list
Application with all required documents should be sent by e-application available below. Electronic application deadline is: December 6, 2019.
More searches like this
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in Czech Republic
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Postdocs jobs in Czech Republic
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Research Related jobs in Czech Republic
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Research Associate jobs in Czech Republic