Student and Academic Support Manager (Maternity Cover)
School/Department Education Services
Based at Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered
Contract type Fixed term contract
Fixed Term Period 12 months
Salary £33,309 to £37,127 per annum
Apply by 18/11/2019
An opportunity has arisen to join the Student and Academic Support Team in the role of SAS Manager. The successful applicant will be joining a large, friendly and supportive team, committed to improving the quality of the student experience.
The Student and Academic Support Manager is responsible for the operational delivery of all academic administration embedded within a School, and for ensuring that staffing levels are balanced and managed to provide consistent and uninterrupted levels of service. He or she also acts as a deputy to the Assistant Registrar assigned to the School and under delegated authority makes a wide range of decisions to ensure the objectives of Education Services are met.
Main activities include:
- Line management, training and performance responsibility for the SAS Leads and Administrators in his or her School/Theme
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of, and adherence to, robust, consistent and effective procedures and mechanisms in all areas of responsibility
- Delivering personally, or by delegation to other staff, the operational objectives of the SAS Team
The successful applicant must be:
- Educated to degree level and/or have significant line management experience
- Effective in prioritisation, delegation and time management
- Experience of delivering training and guidance
Due to the nature of the SoM courses, occasional weekend work is required.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.