Associate Director, Pre‐Award
Organization Name Research Services
The Associate Director, Pre‐Award is responsible for directing the externally funded programs, through
implementing leading practices in research contract management and risk mitigation.
- Manage and implement the University research contract management framework covering the
- complete contracting cycle: proposal preparation, review and approval, proposal submission,
- agreement negotiation, and account setup, including effective management of sub‐contracts.
- Responsible for developing guidelines for agreement clauses, and negotiating and finalizing
- research contracts with external partners.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of efficient policies and procedures of contract
- administration throughout all stages.
- Develop procedures to ensure faculty are performing on external projects including monitoring
- research progress reports and coordination financial reports.
- Work with industrial engagement team to ensure smooth transition from pre‐proposal and
- discussion phase, into realized research agreements within priority areas of research.
- Prepare, coordinate and submit grant application in a timely and compliant manner.
- Review, edit and approve all grant proposals/applications for submission prior to final approval.
- Assist faculty in the development and submission of proposal budgets that comply with sponsor
- policies, rules and regulation.
- Ensure that indirect cost rates and any cost sharing allowances are in line with Khalifa University
- Negotiate contract and grant awards with sponsors and ensure full execution of all contracts in a
- timely manner.
- Serve as an institutional liaison to sponsoring agencies for funded projects, including negotiation
- of budgetary and contract revision.
- Ensure the required reports are submitted appropriately and on time with complete project
- closeout and final reporting.
- Expand, manage and diversify the portfolio of external funding opportunities.
- Provide faculty and staff with information regarding external funding opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report
- breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and
- responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the
- team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre‐determined training needs, evaluate their
- effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and
- recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is
- running smoothly.
- Follow‐up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative
- and related affairs.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Associate Director, Pre‐Award
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly