Senior Finance Associate
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr is a leading modern University in the Kurdistan Region – Iraq and we are at an exciting stage in our development.
The Senior Finance Associate will contribute to the functioning of the Finance Department in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures under direct supervision of the Finance Manager and overall direction of the Director of Finance.
VACANCY AVAILABLE: One
JOB FAMILY: Administration
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTE 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
REPORTING TO: Director of Finance with a dotted line reporting to Finance Manager
APPOINTMENT DURATION: Three Years
PROBATION PERIOD: 3 Month
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Finance Associate will be assigned all or several of the following tasks, and will work under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager and overall direction of the Director of Finance:
- Assist the Finance Manager (Financial Auditor) in auditing, payment processing, record keeping, and any other tasks assigned by him.
- Assist the Finance Manager (Financial Auditor) in preparing reports, including the reports to Ministries and government departments.
- Be responsible for the safe custody of Language Testing Vouchers, maintain related records, and reconcile the inventory thereof.
- Be responsible for the safe custody of valuable stationery, maintain related records, reconcile the inventory of such stationery, and safe-keep the used stationery.
- Discharge duties as Cashier, reconcile cash on hand with records on daily basis and recoup the shortages, and be responsible for the safe custody of cash. Be prepared for surprise and scheduled verification of cash and valuable stationery at any time, as required by the Auditors, Line Manager or University management.
- Ensure that adequate stock of forms and stationery related to finance and cashiering functions are available at all times, and advise about printing of forms well in advance.
- Liaise with other departments including Academic Registrar’s Office in relation to cashiering, student fees and other assigned finance functions.
- Communicate with students and others for realization of receivables.
- Prepare, update and maintain a variety of financial and other University records, vouchers, files and databases, such as but not limited to, income and expense, cash receipts, cash payments, financial approvals, assets, liabilities, depreciation, payroll information, bank receipts, bank payment, purchasing invoices, fee invoices, accounting vouchers, etc.
- Assist in payroll processing with due consideration to accuracy and timeliness.
- Process and prepare invoices, receipt and payment documents, accounting vouchers, petty cash reconciliation, bank reconciliation, purchase documentation, and other records.
- Assist in preparing various financial, statistical, and administrative reports.
- Support the Director of Finance and other team members in the day-to-day functioning of the Finance Department, and fill in for another position when required.
- Respond to enquiries relevant to the position, and provide information to students, employees and the public on financial policies and procedures.
- Enter data into systems and software, and arrange, collate, categorize data and information into statistical reports, and process backup reports after data entry.
- Type and draft documentation, including but not limited to emails, letters, notices, reports, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Monitor and request for office supplies.
- Prepare travel quotations.
- Maintain a very high level of accuracy and perfection, duly ensuring that there are almost no errors.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee data.
- Print and circulate documents, data and information required for meetings and departmental use.
- Manage e-mail and other correspondence appropriately and maintain electronic and paper records.
- Communicate with banks to obtain bank statements and perform other banking tasks, as assigned.
- Visit government departments and banks, as assigned.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post, and as required by the Line Manager and/or his designee.
The Senior Finance Associate should have the following skills and competencies:
- A bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce or Finance with a minimum experience of 4 years in accounting. Additional experience in auditing will be an advantage.
- Highly disciplined, very punctual, honest and person of impeccable integrity.
- Good working knowledge of finance and accounting functions, including but not limited to bookkeeping, modern accounting practices, banking, cashiering, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, filing, etc.
- Good communication skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) in English language, and a very good handwriting; Kurdish language skills will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of computers, accounting software, MS Excel and MS Word with very good typing speed; exposure to Sage software will be an advantage.
- Ability to draft emails, letters, notices, and other communication.
- Ability to enter, arrange, collate, categorize data and information into statistical reports.
- Ability to maintain a very high level of accuracy and perfection, almost no errors.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own tasks.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the Vacancy Title: Senior Finance Associate and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.