Senior Lecturer, Photography
- An opportunity to help take a senior role in one of Australia's premier photographic disciplines
- Convenient CBD location in the heart of Melbourne
- Continuing Full-Time position
- Academic Level C: $118,291- $136,401+ 17% super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally.
Dating back to the foundation of RMIT as the Working Mens College in 1887, the School of Art has an important place in the history of RMIT and the State of Victoria. It delivers programs beginning at Bachelor degrees, through to PhDs covering the full range of specialisations in Art and Photography.
As the number 12 ranked university in the world for Art & Design (2019 QS Rankings by Subject Area), RMIT Photography offers a range of practice based photographic programs and courses from Undergraduate through to PhD, including Australias only University Master of Photography coursework program.
About the role
The Senior Lecturer in Photography will contribute to the research and teaching efforts of the School. You will contribute to program delivery whilst being actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities.
This position will require you to develop, engage in and lead high-quality research projects aligned to the Universitys research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs. You will be actively involved with research leadership and embedding your research expertise into the Photography discipline within the school. Key to the role will be your ability to develop high-quality, productivity-driven research both within RMIT and externally.
The position includes a range of activities and opportunities aligned with the level of Senior Lecturer
- Teaching and curriculum development
- Opportunities to develop meaningful industry partnerships and engagement
- Program and course leadership and design
- Collaborative and team based research activities and opportunities
- Career growth and development in a world class art school and photography discipline
The Senior Lecturer Photography position will require you deliver courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels and implement innovative approaches to a student-centred learning and quality improvement. You may be required to manage academic program teams and provide support for students related to effective learning.
It is essential that you have a nationally recognised research track recording, including a substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets. This can include creative outputs, such as exhibitions, curatorial outputs or publications. Ideally you will have experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding and manage funded research projects. An additional component of the role will be to supervise higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in relevant field.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
If you believe this opportunity is for you, please apply here https://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/caw/en/job/583676/senior-lecturer-photography
For further information please contact Associate Professor Shane Hulbert, Associate Dean Photography on +61 3 9925 2481 or via email email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday 5 December 2019
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
See here for RMIT's range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation.