Director of Programme Content and Delivery
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 11/11/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Professional Development
You will be responsible for managing the content and delivery of the entire range of programmes offered by the PD division. You will work with the Managing Director of Professional Development in ensuring that all programme development is in alignment with the commercial objectives and in addition to managing the programme landscape you will as appropriate work on the forecasting and financial management of the programme landscape. This will cover both traditional face to face as well as online programme delivery.
You will manage the heads of programmes within the individual product streams for Professional Development.
You will be the primary contact for day to day programme delivery matters with JV partners, particularly CIMA and ICAS.
You will take a lead in the rollout of Quark across the BPP Education Group liaising as appropriate with the relevant staff across all schools and divisions to ensure that all content is created in Quark and that the Intellectual Property of the Group is protected as well as created in the most efficient way.
You will if appropriate undertake ad-hoc teaching assignments as required.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working as part of the Senior team reporting to the Director of Change Management and Business Efficiency, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Senior Management and working closely with the Managing Director of PD in the key priority of creating a global, scaleable online and face to face PD product providing high quality training to BPP’s key target professions
- Contributing to a clear PD management and communication structure within the PD division, and have overall responsibility to ensure that there is an adequate resourcing plan
- You will be responsible for the recruitment of presenter resource (whether employed or freelance) that is capable of delivering programmes through online as well as face to face mechanisms
- Supporting the Director of Change Management and Business Efficiency in devising and delivering a programme for the rollout of Quark across the entire BPP Education Group to ensure that content is created wherever possible once, is fit for use across the Group and for the protection of our intellectual property
- You will manage a team of programme managers and co-ordinate the constant development of the PD course landscape.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR JOB
- A background in professional education, and a good solid understanding of how content can be created.
- A background in authoring content and the use of content management systems
- Communication – timely, clear, inspirational and confident
- Collaboration and relationship building
- Strict confidentiality
- Ability to deal with difficult/sensitive employee issues
- Ability to manage people and resolve conflicts
- Commercial assessment of situations in decision making - balancing the needs of the business and of the individual/team
- Ability to multi task
- Commercially focussed with leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to translate the needs and of objectives of the business, in line with the wider group agenda
- The ability to challenge and inspire people to engage in change processes
- Adaptable to change
- A good team worker