English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students Teacher
- Be part of a team that embraces teaching excellence, to prepare our students for their next step.
- Opportunity to participate in our leading Teaching Excellence Framework that will support your professional development
- The number of positions is dependent on student numbers, so get in quick!
About the role
This role is designed for ELICOS Teachers to deliver our English courses (Monash English and Monash English Bridging) for students on a pathway to Monash University across our Bourke Street and Clayton campuses. This is a fantastic sessional teaching opportunity to be part of a well-known and reputable education provider, with a great support network. We have multiple positions to teach on our 20 week Term 1 intake from 6th January 2020 to 29th May 2020 January 2020.
There are Part time positions available working Monday to Wednesday OR Thursday and Friday, but we also have the option of offering Full time positions working Monday to Friday
Our Monash English course is ideal for students who have not met the English requirements for their pathway program and need further time to develop their language skills. This course provides students with a direct pathway to Foundation Year and Monash English Bridging (for Diplomas).
Our Monash English Bridging course is a direct entry program designed for students who have met the academic requirements for Monash, but who have narrowly missed the English language requirements. You will be considered for positions in both Monash English and Monash English Bridging course throughout your application and assessment process.
A bit about us
Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers.
Within Monash University English Language Centre, we deliver innovative programs to equip students to reach their university goals. Our comprehensive curricula, innovative teaching and use of data analytics to personalise the experience, develops our students to become self-directed learners and provides them with the necessary language skills for their destination programs. Our language centre is one of the most highly regarded and reputable University-owned English language centres globally.
Here at Monash College we have built a Teaching Excellence framework that supports our teachers’ growth and professional development, so they we continue to build and sustain teaching excellence. We want to stay one of the best English language centres in the world!
What you need to have
- Undergraduate degree and recognised TESOL qualification OR recognised degree in education with a TESOL method
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language and language learning.
- Understanding of student needs on a pathway to tertiary study and an ability to prepare students for these requirements.
Along with let key requirements, you’ll also be someone who understand the needs of international students to be able to best support them through their course. Being comfortable with technology and try new things is also really important.
Please visit https://www.neas.org.au/teaching/endorsed_elt_qualifications_providers/ for a list of recognised qualifications.
Our recruitment process:
- If your application is successful, we may ask you to complete a video assessment.
- We’ll also be holding an interview day if you’re successful in progressing to the interview stage.
- Before we can make any offers, we’ll need to complete some pre-employment checks (Qualifications, work rights and WWCC/VIT).
Some more information:
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
- Sessional/hourly rate: Teaching Hourly rate: $86.36 per hour + superannuation. Non-teaching hourly rate: $53.98 per hour + superannuation.
- Monash College does not observe all state holidays.
We’ll be giving you more information as you progress through the process with us.
If you’re looking for a role where you’re supported to develop your career and be part of a passionate team that strives for excellence, then this could be the perfect role for you. Apply now and take the first step towards this career defining opportunity with the Monash College family!
For any relevant questions, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.