Senior Lecturer, Assessment
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
UWA Medical School
Medical Education Unit
- Opportunity for an experienced Assessment Coordinator/Assessment Project Officer to manage the planning, implementation, moderation and evaluation of summative and formative assessments
- Full time opportunity on a 24 months fixed term contract with an immediate start in early 2020
- Salary range: Level C, $120,444 - $ 138,713 p.a. plus employer contributed superannuation of 17%
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The UWA Medical School is the largest and longest established medical school in Western Australia. It delivers a 4-year post-graduate MD course to local, national and international students. The School also has substantial and successful research programs across most disciplines in the medical sector.
The Doctor of Medicine program is led by a group of collegiate academics providing high quality and innovative teaching in the School’s teaching programs including assessments, and staff, student and course evaluations.
About the opportunity
You will coordinate the Medical School’s assessment functions for all courses and units including the MD program, articulating undergraduate major and postgraduate courses – including assessment methods, feedback and quality assurance.
You will provide advice on the assessment tools to assess learning outcomes and inform the latest developments and facilitate the development of innovative assessment methods within the School. You will also be responsible for the development of user guides and conduct staff training on the use of assessment methods.
You will demonstrate strong collegiate attitude, with evidence of effective teamwork and proven capacity to work with diverse groups both internally with your fellow colleagues and externally with industry and government personnel. You will be an adaptable individual receptive to learning and teaching, with the ability to engage in e-learning technologies.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Post-graduate degree in education or substantial experience in a related field
- Experience in health professional education
- Experience in assessment / curriculum development, innovation, delivery and evaluation
- Experience with assessment / curriculum research, including development of innovative projects and communication of outcomes
- Effective organisation, communication and negotiation skills
For more information regarding the position or a confidential discussion, please contact:
Dr Helen Wilcox, Head of Medical Education Unit and MD Director, email: email@example.com
Closing date: 12:00 pm AWST Friday, 29 November 2019
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
In preparing your application, you are asked to demonstrate clearly that you meet the selection criteria outline in the position description. You are encouraged to supply a curriculum vitae or academic portfolio in support of your application.
Please see the position description prior to applying
Please note short-listed applicants will be invited to attend selection activities held at The University of Western Australia over two working days in mid-December 2019. The activities will include meetings with the selection committee members and other key senior staff and stakeholders.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).