Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
UWA Medical School
Medical Education Unit
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Evaluation Coordinator to take the next step in their career and manage the design, development and implementation of the University’s MD course, unit and discipline level evaluation
- Part time (0.6FTE) on a 24 months fixed term appointment with an immediate start in early 2020
- Salary range: Level B, $98,526 - $116,792 p.a. plus employer contributed superannuation of 17%
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The UWA Medical School is the largest and longest established medical school in Western Australia. It delivers a 4-year post-graduate MD course to local, national and international students. The School also has substantial and successful research programs across most disciplines in the medical sector.
The Doctor of Medicine program is led by a group of collegiate academics providing high quality and innovative teaching in the School’s teaching programs including assessments, and staff, student and course evaluations.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head of the Medical Education Unit, you will coordinate the Medical School’s evaluation functions for all courses and units including the MD program, articulating undergraduate major and postgraduate courses The evaluation framework will include assessment methods, feedback and quality assurance.
You will develop, implement and report on school level evaluation procedures while providing staff development on the use of evaluation to the School, Faculty and Medical Program Committee.
You will demonstrate a collegiate attitude, with evidence of effective teamwork and proven capacity to work with diverse groups both internally with your fellow colleagues and externally with industry and government personnel. You will be an adaptable individual receptive to learning and teaching, with the ability to engage in e-learning technologies.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Post-graduate degree in education or substantial experience in a related field
- Experience in health professional education
- Experience with the evaluation of course and unit curricula
- Experience with evaluation research, including development of innovative projects and communication of outcomes
- Effective organisation, communication and negotiation skills
For more information regarding the position or a confidential discussion, please contact:
Dr Helen Wilcox, Head of Medical Education Unit and MD Director, email: email@example.com
Closing date: 12:00 pm AWST Friday, 29 November 2019
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
In preparing your application, you are asked to demonstrate clearly that you meet the selection criteria outline in the position description. You are encouraged to supply a curriculum vitae or academic portfolio in support of your application.
Please note short-listed applicants will be invited to attend selection activities held at The University of Western Australia over two working days in mid-December 2019. The activities will include meetings with the selection committee members and other key senior staff and stakeholders.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).