Expressions of Interest, Casual Teaching Position, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) is calling for expressions of interest from suitably qualified applicants for inclusion on an eligibility list for casual teaching positions in the following discipline areas:
- Cultural & Critical Theory
- Digital and Social Media
- Media Arts and Production
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Social and Political Sciences
- Digital Education/digital pedagogies
- Primary Education - Specialist teacher - English/literacy
- Primary Education - Specialist teacher - Creative Arts
- Primary Education - Specialist teacher - Mathematics/numeracy
- Primary Education - Specialist teacher - Science and/or technology
- Psychology of Education
- Secondary Education - Mathematics
- Secondary Education - Science
- Teacher professional learning
- Foundations in International Studies
- Global Studies (incl. Genocide Studies)
- Intercultural Communication
- Language and Culture teaching - Chinese
- Language and Culture teaching - French (levels 1-6)
- Language and Culture teaching - German
- Language and Culture teaching - Italian
- Studies of Contemporary Society (contemporary Japan, Contemporary Spain)
- Study Abroad Supervision (ICS Japan)
We are seeking applications from industry professionals as well as the next generation of academics seeking experience in an academic teaching role.
The Faculty recognises and values the diversity of teaching and learning practices that the employment of casual academics offers our students and, as a casual academic, you would make an important contribution to learning and teaching in the faculty.
Casual academics may be engaged in activities such as lecturing,tutoring,integrated learning and practical activities, marking,student consultations and other administrative tasks.Some activities will take place in UTS Online (Blackboard) or Canvas.
Successful applicants to the FASS Casual Academic Staff Eligibility list will contribute to the teaching programs of the Faculty within theone of the Faculty’s two Schools in theirdiscipline and program area of specialism.
Teaching and Learning in FASS is aligned with Learning. Futures and the UTS Model of Learning.
Applicants are encouraged to provide evidence of effectiveness in teaching (e.g. summary of student feedback results, observation reports, etc). The Faculty will undertake an assessment of each applicant’s experience, skills and qualifications based on their CV and cover letter.The selection process may include an interview and details of at least two referees should be provided.
Successful applicants will be placed on the FASS Casual Academic Eligibility List and may be selected for appointment based on the availability of work in their areas of expertise and the applicant’s capacity to perform the duties of the position.
Successful applicants will be provided with orientation, induction and training prior to their first teaching sessions or tasks. The period of appointment will provide sufficient time for preparation of teaching materials.
This EOI process will close 11:59pm, Friday 29 November 2019.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Please fill out the online application form and attach your current resume.
The online application can be found at this link. Only online applications will be accepted.
Please note: being placed on the FASS Casual Academic Eligibility List does not mean that successful applicants have been made an offer of casual employment; nor is it a guarantee that successful applicants will be offered casual employment in the faculty.
To obtain a copy of the position statement, please email FASS.Contracts@uts.edu.au
For additional information about the EOI register contact:
- School of Communication: EOI.Communication@uts.edu.au
- School of International Studies and Education: EOI.IntStudEdu@uts.edu.au
More searches like this
- Permanent Psychology Academic Posts jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Psychology Professors / Chairs jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Psychology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Psychology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Psychology Tutors jobs in Sydney