Academic Teaching Scholar and Lecturer, Criminology
Academic Teaching Scholar (ATS1-8) $72,497 - $96,434 per annum; and Lecturer – Criminology Academic A or B $65,065 - $110,373 per annum + 17% employer superannuation contribution. These are full time (36.75 hours per week) ongoing appointments. 2 positions are available in total.
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Showcase your research skills
- Located at our City Queen campus
About the Role
You will be appointed as an academic in our criminology discipline in the College of Law and Justice. You will contribute to course development, teaching and assessment of units within the discipline including History of Crime and Criminal Trials, Corporate Crime, Transnational Crime, Contemporary Issues in Criminology and Mental Health and Crime. You will also contribute strongly to the research goals and environment within the College of Law and Justice as well as providing honours and/ or postgraduate supervision.
About the Person
You will have an Honours, Masters or PHD level in criminology or related field in accordance with the expectations for the given academic level. You will have exceptional teaching, organisational and communication skills as well as a capacity to contribute to curriculum development in the College. A developing or demonstrated track record in research and research leadership in criminology will also be one of your major strengths.
Duties will include:
- Delivering high quality in class and online teaching and practical classes
- Developing high quality unit and course materials if required
- Conducting research in accordance with the expectations for the given academic level
- Supervision of honours and/or postgraduate students
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as ONE PDF document comprising;
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
If you have any queries about the position contact Associate Professor Darryl Coulthard: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close 4.00 pm Tuesday 26 November 2019