Director, Infrastructure and Core Technology
5 days left
- Full Time
- Develops Information Technology strategy in support of the University mission and core objectives.
- Verifies and reviews the architecture of new IT projects and their integration within the existing structure.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for the IT Infrastructure and Core Technology (ICT) department to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the academia business and contribute to the achievement of short- and long-term goals of the University.
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of the University’s information.
- Develop and manage the planning and budgeting for the University’s ICT services to ensure that resources are used to provide best in class ICT services that are in line with organizational growth.
- Directs, controls and motivates the staff of the Information Core Technology department.
- Negotiates service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of all IT staff.
- Defines and approves the level of IT resources required to meet these goals and priorities and schedules major projects.
- Directs the preparation and implementation of policies, procedures and standards relating to information and telecommunication systems.
- Responsible for researching and evaluating new technologies.
- Directs, attends and participates in staff meetings and related activities; attends workshops to keep up to date with Information Technology issues.
- In support of incident and change management, sets the example in providing high quality documentation regarding the existing services and the new design and build documentation to the Customer Support Center (Logical and Physical layouts) of all UAE University sites.
- Enables the work of the Customer Support Center (CSC) by verifying and creating new escalation procedures to improve the quality of solving problems on a daily basis.
- Provides leadership in the design and implementation/execution of small/big projects: (Site visits, Preparing Request for Proposal, RFQ, technical evaluation, installation, implementation and commissioning).
- Acts as technical lead for the integration of new services or components (within the coordinated departments) across various campuses of the University.
- Responsible for delivery of ongoing support and maintenance of network services, email and directory in all locations of the University while paying special attention to housing units (Hostels) for the students of the University.
- Oversees support for all managed services functionality, including troubleshooting and problem solving of structured cabling systems, active network, core/edge devices and wireless access points, e-mail routing and client access, security problems and directory services issues.
- Will participate in the Change Control meeting as necessary and will provide input on the proposed systems changes.
- Responsible for providing reports to upper management regarding the service quality metrics, capacity metrics and service levels information.
- Ensure ICT systems comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Responsible to make sure ICT Infrastructure is up and running 24/7.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Information Technology (Master Preferable).
- 10 years Enterprise IT experience where minimum 5 years on technical IT management position.
- ITIL v3 Certification is required.
- Knowledge of Network configuration (TCP/IP, VLAN, LAN/WAN protocols), routing, switching, protocols and network security standards.
- Strong knowledge about maintaining mission critical IT data center operations.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of e-mail systems functionality and understanding of enterprise directory.
- Knowledge of IT security and compliance principles.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good understanding of complex IT structures with mix OS platforms.
- Good understanding of IT system management.
- Skills on creating documentation and procedures.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Infrastructure&Core Techno. Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 12000 to 28000 AED