Research Fellow, Institute of Future Transport and Cities
Application closing date 12/11/2019
Faculty / School or Service Institute of Future Transport and Cities (IFTC)
Salary £32,823 - £41,536 per annum
Job category/type Research
24 Months Fixed Term
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced researcher or industry professional, working with academic and industrial support to build an IoT Security Demonstrator dedicated to automotive cybersecurity monitoring. Expertise needed is in areas of computer science, electronic and embedded systems, communication, and automotive engineering. This position is a 24 month fixed term contract, and is a fantastic opportunity to manage a strategically important project, delivering technical expertise whilst developing management experience, under the guidance of an industry-led consortium with university partners.
The Institute of Future Transport and Cities (FTC) brings together world class expertise in disciplines across art and design, human factors, engineering,manufacturing, computer systems and business studies to deliver our vision of"safe and sustainable transport solutions fit for the cities of the future". Covering the full spectrum of land, rail, air and water based transport, we address the whole innovation chain from design, materials, advanced manufacturing, system sand supply chain as well as the business environment. The Institute builds on some of our existing successful strategic partnerships with organisations such as Unipart, Horiba-MIRA and FEV.
The successful candidate must possess at least 3 of the following:
- Designing, conducting and recording outcome of experiments and fieldwork.
- Designing and managing test bed with embedded systems and electronics.
- Designing and managing equipment,rig-design, software, instrumentation.
- Designing and/or undertaking data coding.
- Analysis, interpretation and evaluation of research outcomes.
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Ability to carry out a research project under minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and take responsibility for the project.
- Ability to work with colleagues in a high tech manufacturing company at all levels to ensure that knowledge becomes embedded within the company.
- Ability to work collaboratively across industry and academia
Qualifications we require:
- PhD in a relevant subject, or having submitted a PhD dissertation by September 2019. Or relevant discipline or professional experience equivalent toa PhD demonstrating an ability to carry-out independent research.
- Good degree (1st class or 2.1) in an appropriate subject such as cybersecurity, electronics, automotive engineering, embedded systems, or computer science.
If you have questions about this role please contact:
For general information T: +44 (0)24 7615 8258 or for project information: Prof. Siraj Ahmed Shaikh on +44 7939 233995