Manager, Technology Portfolio
1 day left
- Full Time
Organization Name Technology Management & Innovation
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Reporting to the Director-Technology Management & Innovation, the holder of this role will work as part of the Office of Technology Management & Innovation to provide value-added services to KU researchers and faculties from receiving and assessing invention disclosures to developing commercialization and marketing strategies to facilitate and accelerate licensing of the patented discoveries. The team member in this role is expected to be responsible of building robust patent portfolio through working closely with inventors, research centers and institutes and other departments in the university.
Furthermore, the holder of this role must work proactively and in alignment with Khalifa University Intellectual Property Policy to facilitate the technology transfer and commercialization a diverse patent portfolio of unique technologies from ‘cradle-to-grave’. To execute in timely manner commercialization plans and targeted technology marketing campaigns to ensure effective licensing of university intellectual property and conducts negotiation of intellectual property terms of a wide variety of agreements.
- Encourage and support receiving of invention disclosures and work closely with inventors to assess discoveries.
- Ensure compliance of the invention disclosure stage with university policies and office procedures.
- Execute documented technology and market assessment, prior art search and intellectual property landscape to research discoveries.
- Develop clear IP strategy to support patent claims drafting and IP filing and prosecution.
- Build, manage and prioritize patent portfolios for commercialization purposes and activities.
- Support and manage proof-of-concept projects with inventors to achieve project objectives in timely manner.
- Execute marketing outreach plans and strategies to support technology licensing activities.
- Generate technology marketing pieces as technology licensing opportunities in support of intellectual property commercialization.
- Negotiate patent licensing deals utilizing global, university-industry best-practices through modeling and analysis of comparable transactions.
- Structure and conclude various intellectual property agreements terms such as NDA, MTA, License Agreements and Inter-Institutional Agreements.
- Support University endeavors on encouraging students in creation of startups, as well as, advising startup teams with their entrepreneurship activities.
- Work closely with Khalifa Innovation Center in identifying promising startups and other technology commercialization activities.
A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Science discipline or Engineering field; preferably postgraduate degree such as MSc or PhD.
For Expats: Ideally 10 years of relevant experience in the area of intellectual property and licensing practices, proficient at multitasking and be an independent self-starter with a strong work ethic, must be able to manage and prioritize a large and diverse set of relationships (faculty, students, business development professionals, and lawyers), tasks and projects, with a successful track record of working in both academic and corporate environments,. Excellent communication skills, such as listening, presenting, and writing – with proven sensitivity and ability to manage confidential information.
For UAE Nationals: Ideally a minimum of 5 years of relevant intellectual property and technology licensing/commercialization experience.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?
Apply for Manager, Technology Portfolio
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly