Lecturer /Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Business Analytics
2 days left
- Full Time
- Join an internationally accredited and respected business school
- Work in a collaborative and supportive team environment
- 4 x full-time, continuing Academic Level B, C or D positions with remuneration package between $125,848 - $204,024 per annum which includes leave loading and 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Discipline of Business Analytics is a group that combines academics from statistics/econometrics, management science and computer science. We are engaged in all aspects of analysing data, making forecasts and building models to assist in management decisions. The Discipline has research strengths in the areas of financial time series and quantitative risk management; business and economic forecasting; econometrics and Bayesian statistics; computationally intensive estimation; supply chain management and scheduling theory. The group is building up expertise in machine learning and is open to appointing teachers and researchers in other emerging fields in business analytics such as text analytics.
We are currently seeking to appoint new colleagues with expertise in one or more of the major areas of business analytics, including statistics and data analysis, statistical learning, risk analytics, time series analysis, machine learning and operations management, operations research and management science. We are especially interested in recruiting academics with expertise in management science and machine learning, or statistics and machine learning.
In this position you will:
- teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level to culturally-diverse student cohorts, and develop curriculum
- make a contribution to the research strengths of the School, including the pursuit of research grants, regular publication in journals of high standing, and presentation and dissemination of research at academic conferences
- supervise research higher degree students
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for colleagues with:
- a PhD in Statistics, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Operations Management, Operations Research, Management Science or a related discipline. (At Lecturer level a PhD nearing completion may be considered.)
- evidence of high quality teaching in Business Analytics, Statistics, or Machine Learning at undergraduate or postgraduate level. As noted above, we are especially interested in academics who have expertise in management science and machine learning, or statistics and machine learning
- contribution to (Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor level) or capacity to contribute (Lecturer level) to course and program development
- an active (at Lecturer level) research program with significant potential for future publication or a well established program at Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor levels.
- evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2055/0919C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm (Sydney Time) Sunday 17 November 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment