Associate Professor, Technology Enhanced Learning in Higher Education
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $151,868 - $167,312 (Level D)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces
About the role
The Associate Professor (Technology-Enhanced Learning in Higher Education) is located in the Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education (Melbourne CSHE) in the MGSE. The position will contribute to research, teaching, professional development and evaluation activities in the area of technology-enhanced learning at the University of Melbourne, including blended, fully online learning, mobile learning and learning analytics. This is a critical role for the University in improving the quality of learning, teaching and assessment and enhancing the student experience through the use of contemporary and emerging technologies for supporting learning.
As the successful applicant, you will
- Lead the professional development of University staff in this area through programs and activities run by the Melbourne CSHE, often in conjunction with colleagues from Learning Environments and academics from the faculties and schools. This will include teaching into a range of award courses, seminars, workshops, etc., on topics such as curriculum design for technology-enhanced learning, facilitating online learning, ensuring students’ digital engagement, online assessment, the use of e-portfolios and the educational potential of learning analytics. It may also include events and courses aimed at staff from other universities.
- Support the Centre and its staff and students in understanding and utilising existing and emerging technologies. You will also provide research-informed and evidence-based advice and guidance to the University in the area of technology-enhanced learning and support the implementation and operationalisation of the University’s strategy. This will involve the provision of research-informed and evidence-based advice and guidance in the area of technology-enhanced learning and supporting the University’s initiatives.
- Have an excellent research profile in a field related to technology-supported learning in higher education, and will be expected to undertake programs of research and evaluation to align with the strategic priorities of the Melbourne CSHE, the MGSE and the University.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include a Cover Letter, address of the Selection Criteria and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Applications close: 15 Nov 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time