Senior Lecturer, LH Martin Programs
4 days left
- Full Time
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $126,128 - $145,431 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces. The Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education (Melbourne CSHE) is part of MGSE.
About the role
Located within the Melbourne CSHE, the LH Martin award programs and related research aim to serve the tertiary education sectors in Australia. They also attempt to extend their reach into the region given both the importance of international linkages and networks, and the rapid pace of change taking place in our neighbouring countries. In doing so, this work is supported by a group of dedicated Fellows who work with us in the development and delivery of tailored programs, as well as an extensive international network of tertiary education policy and management specialists who have a long history of collaborating with us.
The Senior Lecturer (LH Martin Programs) will lead award programs and contribute to curricula, teaching and assessment, quality assurance, research supervision, research and knowledge exchange in the area of tertiary education management and policy. You will primarily lead the program and subject co-ordination for the Master of Tertiary Education Management and its nested awards, and promote its online growth and development.
As the successful applicant, you will
- Lead the Emerging Leaders and Managers Program (eLAMP) which has been reviewed and updated in 2019;
- Participate in other Melbourne CSHE activities, such as contract research, consultancy and bespoke programs, and the organisation of conferences and seminars on a regular basis;
- Be familiar with current developments and policy debates relating to tertiary education management and policy, nationally and internationally;
- Contribute to the research performance of the Centre and the MGSE through publications and/or the ability to attract research funding; and
- Contribute to the community through involvement in professional associations.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include a Cover Letter, address of the Selection Criteria and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Applications close: 15 Nov 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time