Clinical Nurse Supervisor
University Job Title
Clinical Nurse Supervisor
None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
Clinical & Research
Compensation Grade Profile
Clinical Nurse Supervisor (23)
Medical School Campus
40 Temple Street Temple Medical Center
New Haven, CT 06510
Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family
Total # of hours to be worked:
Supervise the delivery of patient care and administration of services for Yale Medicine Administration clinics in Temple Medical Center. Supervising a staff of 16+ Certified Ophthalmic Technicians supporting a practice with more than 20 physicians.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of patient care and nursing services in multi-specialty physician practices.
- Assign responsibilities and duties as related to appropriate licensure and experience of staff member.
- Evaluate staff performance based on professional practice standards and development.
- Conduct performance evaluations and implement corrective actions in order to promote a productive and healthy work environment. Interview, hire, and train clinical staff.
- Ensure all clinical staff maintains required training skills.
- Responsible for operating within approved budget.
- Obtain and assess vital signs, patient history, medications and other pertinent demographic information and log all data into records according to practice policy and standards.
- Evaluate and present patient history and diagnosis to physician using concise and accurate verbal communication.
- Assure all procedures for maintaining patient confidentiality are maintained per HIPAA guidelines.
- Provide patient education about various health care topics and medications.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor degree and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated effective strong management experience utilizing proven supervisory skills among multiple disciplines.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Superior interpersonal skills to interact professionally and with exceptional customer service to patients, staff and physicians.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to successfully communicate the objectives, practices and mission of the organization.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Experience in outpatient clinics.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage and implement organizational change on a regular basis.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience in outpatient ophthalmology clinics.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus