Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Architecture and Professional Practice
UNSW BE is one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of built environment degree programs and interdisciplinary education. At UNSW BE, the academic focus is on research and education that supports excellence in the planning, design and development of cities and their component parts in the 21st Century
We seek an established architect and educator to lead and develop the professional practice courses in the Masters of Architecture program at UNSW Built Environment. The person will have significant experience in architectural practice in Australia, a track record of teaching in practice-related courses in architectural programs, and knowledge and understanding of the AACA National Standard of Competency for Architects.
- Salary: $130,216- $171,120 + 17% superannuation & Annual Leave Loading (Pro-rata)
- Three-year Fixter Term Contract
- Part time- 7hr per week
- Location: Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The appointee will be expected to:
- Lead excellence and innovation in the design and delivery of teaching in architecture and professional practice-related courses
- Lead the design and delivery of the current Professional Practice course and upgrade and improve the content, teaching and student experience as required
- Design and develop a new Professional Practice course aligned with the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia a National Standards of Competency
- Working with academics and colleagues, ensure the necessary integration of architectural practice skills and competencies into other courses across the Bachelor and Masters programs
- Supervise and manage sessional core staff
- Support and contribute to activities that forge and/or sustain relationships with architectural practice
- Encourage equity and diversity in all aspects of university life
Within your application, please review the responsibilities and address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Tuesday 5th Nov 2019 (AEST)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.