Manager, Research Development, Health and Medical Research
- A great opportunity to expand your leadership skills and provide expert strategic advice on research grant applications
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- 12 months fixed term and base salary $130K p.a plus superannuation
About the opportunity
The Manager, Research Development (Health and Medical Research) will develop and coordinate the implementation of university-wide strategies to optimise successful outcomes in research funding for individual researchers and research teams across the University, with a particular focus on the health and medical faculties. They will do this by delivering technical and strategic support to researchers applying for funding as well as heads of academic units and research leaders and research development advisors in the faculties, and by working collaboratively with the Director to continuously improve the systems for service delivery.
These goals will be strongly aligned with the objectives of the research strategic plan, including developing research capacity of staff, facilitating research excellence in both disciplinary and cross-disciplinary areas, building critical mass and targeting investment and providing organisational support to enhance the University’s research capabilities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Development Manager, (Health and Medical Research) who demonstrates:
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence strategic research funding related matters with members of executive management, external bodies and individuals
- extensive demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and critically evaluating business systems and processes at an organisation wide level and in tailoring these to an organisation’s strategic direction
- extensive demonstrated experience in contributing to strategy and policy development, planning and policy review and implementation
- sound knowledge of Government policies and procedures regarding research funding and processes related to identifying, securing and managing funding
- strong understanding of the higher education sector environment and culture
- track record of achievement in the development and success of research grant applications
- experience and commitment to operating as part of a high performing collaborative team.
The University of Sydney is committed to continued improvement in its research performance, maintaining its leading role within Australia and improving its competitive position internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the University is implementing strategies that will attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research that makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding; focussing its research activities to create areas of critical mass and coordinate investment in key strategic research areas; aligning its organisational structure to support capabilities in key disciplines and cross-disciplinary areas; and building capacity to undertake many different kinds of research translation including intellectual property protection and commercialization
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2095/1019F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 24 October 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Senior Management & Heads of Department Camperdown jobs in Darlington
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Other Senior Management Camperdown jobs in Darlington
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Related Camperdown jobs in Darlington
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Manager Camperdown jobs in Darlington