Research Systems Support Specialist
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year and features world class collections, services and facilities. There are three library sites including Main Library and Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library (Kensington) and the Paddington Campus Library as well as a close working relationship with the Academy Library - UNSW Canberra – Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA). The Library is a department within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic (DVCA)
Scholarly Communications and Repositories (SCR) provides a range of services to assist academic staff and postgraduate researchers to manage research resources. This includes research data and dataset management, development and support services for managing and sharing information assets, and the management of scholarly outputs through an institutional repository. SCR participates in e-research projects and services supporting research data management needs of the University.
About the role
- $95K - $103K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 12 month contract
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Research Systems Support Specialist maintains and develops digital library services and systems to support the management and delivery of scholarly information, data and services for the research, learning and teaching communities at UNSW.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A relevant degree with a depth of subsequent relevant experience in developing and supporting web and mobile-based services and systems; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience with a programming language such as Java (JSF, Spring Framework and Tomcat) and/or Ruby (Ruby on Rails and NGINX).
- Experience with delivery of services and security requirements in web, cloud and mobile environments.
- Good understanding of storage, management and description of information assets and data in a university or research environment. Familiarity with Ex Libris library or other repository applications will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting applications and developing software solutions.
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to investigate and make informed decisions regarding complex issues.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills and experience in developing schedules and sizing tasks.
- Well-developed communication and liaison skills with a focus on understanding business requirements, communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, writing technical documentation and liaising with staff and software vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a small team and with other staff. Must also be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Harry Sidhunata, Technical Lead, Research
T: (61 2) 9385 1068
Applications close: Thursday 31st October before 11 pm
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity