Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor, Architecture History and Theory
UNSW BE is one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of built environment degree programs and interdisciplinary education. At UNSW BE, the academic focus is on research and education that supports excellence in the planning, design and development of cities and their component parts in the 21st Century
We seek an academic who aspires to play a leading role in the future of architectural education. The person will have a proven track record of teaching and curriculum development in architecture history and theory and architectural design studio. In addition, the person will be expected to take a leadership role in research collaboration and delivery in the architecture history and theory field.
A successful Level C candidate will also be considered for nomination for a UNSW Scientia Fellowship.
About UNSW Scientia Fellowships
The UNSW Scientia Fellowship Program is one of the cornerstones of UNSW’s 2025 Strategy. A primary goal of the Program is to enhance UNSW's research performance by attracting and retaining exceptional early to mid-career researchers, with outstanding research track records. Scientia Fellows will be leaders in their School and Faculty and engage with the three pillars of social engagement, global impact and academic excellence.
UNSW Scientia Fellows have access to a range of development opportunities including career coaching tailored to their level of experience across research, teaching and leadership. Fellows will be mentored and will also develop the skills required to become mentors and research leaders themselves.
Appointments are made on a Convertible Tenure Track contract. The initial engagement is for 4 years fixed term with the possibility to convert to continuing tenure. The program also allows flexibility to take research breaks to do other study, take an industry engagement or follow other interests. We are also open to part time appointments.
Find out more at www. www.scientia.unsw.edu.au/scientia-fellowships
- Salary: $130,216- $199,246 + 17% superannuation & Annual Leave Loading
- Three-year convertible tenure track academic appointment at the relevant level aligned with UNSW Academic standards
- Full time- 35hr per week
- Location: Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The appointee will be expected to:
- Bring superior expertise in architecture history and theory and architectural design to the delivery of both undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Lead, motivate and drive research impetus through collaborating with the current cohort of academics to deliver high-quality research outputs
- Have an established research focus in the field of architecture history and theory, with a publication or non-traditional research output and grant record reflective of level (C, D or E).
- Lead and contribute to excellence and innovation in the design and delivery of teaching and learning in both architecture history and theory, and architectural studio.
- Contribute to internal and external activities relating to the administration and development of the discipline.
- Verify continuing compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education standards framework, and the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia National Standards of Competency.
- Contribute to and lead research projects and achieve a high-level of quality research productivity and to attract and supervise research students
- Support and contribute to activities that forge and/or sustain relationships with external organisations such as local design practices, the Group of Eight and the PLUS Alliance, Universitas21, and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
- Encourage equity and diversity in all aspects of university life
Within your application, please review the responsibilities and address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50pm, Thursday 31st Oct 2019 (AEST)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.