Assistant Lecturer in Finance
Application closing date 22/10/2019
Faculty / School or Service Faculty of Business & Law
Salary £26,723 - £35,856 per annum
Job category/type Academic
Coventry University is achieving an unprecedented level of success. Having earned a place in the 2019 Times HigherEducation (THE) Young University Rankings' world top 250, secured 15th spot in the 2020 Guardian league table, and achieved a gold rating in the UK government's 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), our vision is to continue to enhance our position as a leading provider of innovative education and impactful research both nationally and across the world.
The Faculty of Business and Law is a key part of this dynamic and innovative university group, with excellent links to major national and international organisations and close partnerships with universities around the world. Currently home to around 8,500 students, with 40% international, we are continuing to experience growth and are expanding our international reach, and enterprise activity.
Coventry Business School is made up of 3 Schools:
- Economics Finance and Accounting
- Marketing and Management
- Strategy and Leadership
The Faculty has a very collaborative and supportive ethos which builds a strong community of academics and makes it a place where people want to work. We have made significant investment in staff areas to create a modern working environment which also allows colleagues the freedom to build their own communities.
We strive to be innovative and bold in our delivery and have invested in one of the largest academic trading floors in Europe, a state-of-the-art DigiComm Lab, and a Business Simulation Suite. The Faculty has two vibrant centres, producing world leading research - Centre for Business in Society and Centre for Financial and Corporate and Financial Integrity. Successful candidates who are established independent researchers may be eligible to join a Centre immediately as an Associate Member and access a whole of range of support. Early career academics may be eligible to join our new ASPiRE programme (Academic Support Programme in Research Excellence).
In addition to teaching and research, there are also opportunities for career progression through internationalisation and enterprise tracks. To support these ambitious plans, we are seeking new talent to join our expanding team.
If you share our values and ambition and want to be part of this vibrant academic community, we look forward to hearing from you.
- The post provides an opportunity for an enthusiastic early career academic to gain arange of experience in learning, teaching and assessment practice.
- All role holders at this level will be expected to undertake a combination of teaching and/or scholarship and or enterprise activity, along with various administrative tasks as part of their role and to contribute and engage withthe University's international agenda where appropriate. Tasks will be in line with the indicators outlined in the Person Specification.
- Excellent knowledge of academic theory and/or practice in a relevant discipline.
- Ability to help student groups develop professional skills.
- Ability to deliver learning activities.
- Planning and organisational skills.
Please note CV's not accepted - Applicants must complete our online application form.