Lab Assistant I
The Department of Radiology seeks a Radiochemistry Laboratory Assistant who will support the research of the Cyclotron and Radiochemistry Facility. The Radiochemistry Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for lab supply management, assisting FDG dispensing and delivery, maintaining facility daily sanitation and routine check for equipment, and performing skilled techniques in support of the lab’s research goals.
- Deliver radioactive doses within the Stanford Campus or Porter Drive using the facility golf cart and van.
- Daily recording of all FDG production reports for submission to Finance.
- Assist higher level laboratory staff in dispensing FDG.
- Perform basic and routine equipment maintenance. Record keeping of service records.
- All other tasks that may be assigned that is related to the operation of the radioactivity dispensing system.
- Must be proactive and a quick learner, who is a team player. Must have the ability to work independently, meet critical deadlines and follow up and through on assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of basic supply inventory and lab maintenance.
- Ability to lift 100lbs, multiple time daily.
- Driver license.
- 6 months of related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 5 AM- 2 PM; environment: radiation risk (with personal protection equipment and radiation safety monitoring).
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A13
- Department URL: http://radiology.stanford.edu/