Adjunct Faculty/Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Islamic World Studies Department
3 days left
- Full Time
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With its campuses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, the University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, civil society, and family life. The University expects its graduates to be competent in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of computing technology, and strong in quantitative and research skills
English is the primary language of administration.
Zayed University is fully accredited in the UAE and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the US. The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living, its tolerance of other cultures and societies, its safety and family-friendly environment.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) is comprised of three departments – the Department of Social Sciences, the Department of Arabic Language, and the Department of Islamic World Studies -- that contribute to the University‘s general education program as well as the College’s undergraduate and graduate programs that include: BA International Studies; BA Emirati Studies; MA Diplomacy and International Affairs and MA Judicial Studies. The Department of Islamic World Studies, in particular, serves the needs of ZU students in the university’s general education program and later in the majors through the teaching of Islamic Civilization and Emirates Studies courses. In addition, the Department offers some advanced Islamic Studies courses.
CHSS seeks qualified candidates to teach courses within the field of Islamic civilization and Emirates studies in the university’s general education program as well as more advanced Islamic Studies courses for majors’ students which focus on such topics as Islamic law and Culture and Contemporary Muslim Societies. Candidates. candidates who are capable to teach in English are more desirable.
In addition to teaching and scholarly requirements, faculty are expected to provide service to the College and to the University; to participate in the development, evaluation and revision of the college curriculum; to participate in the implementation of assessment of major learning outcomes; and actively engage in research activities leading to the publication of peer-reviewed articles and/or books in their area of specialization. Faculty liaise extensively with external constituents to further the mission of the University within the community.
Successful candidates will fully meet the expectations for the position, which include:
- A Ph.D. in Islamic Studies, ““i.e. Islamic law, Haddeth, Tafseer or any related discipline”.
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications and/or presentations.
- Commitment to a sustained research program and interest in collaboration with other Faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Experience with graduate programs would be an asset.
- Proven capacity to teach both native and non-native Arabic speakers.
- Familiarity, and prior experience with, the US model of general education is desirable.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, competitive salaries in the United Arab Emirates, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and subsidized healthcare provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, the names and contact details of three professional references, a statement of teaching philosophy and a statement of scholarly and creative interests.
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled
More searches like this
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Other Academic jobs in United Arab Emirates