Research Associate in Sensing
- Research Opportunity in the School of Electrical and Information Engineering
- Located at Camperdown Campus and Faculty of Engineering
- Full-Time, 10 Months Fixed Term, Academic Level A: Base Salary: $77,582 p.a. - $92,682 p.a. plus a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Research Associate in sensing to join our program. We are committed to develop, encourage and support the new multi-disciplinary research activity with its achievements benefiting industry and society in the areas of sensing and health. The research associate will work on new cross disciplinary research in sensors with a focus on highly sensitive, highly selective and cost-effective gas sensing in real time.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Associate who:
- Strong tracking record in gas sensors or biochemical sensors, chemical sensors for biomedical applications or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in gas sensor or biochemical or chemical sensors design and implementation
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work in highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in highly multidisciplinary research environment
The School of Electrical and Information Engineering has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, innovation in its undergraduate curriculum and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs. Major research outcomes have been achieved in the fields of software, bio-electronics, computer engineering, photonics, power and telecommunication engineering.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1879/0919F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Sunday 29 September 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.