Research Officer, Division of Tropical health and Medicine
This position will contribute to the development of a strategic remote health research project on health workforce safety in remote areas of Australia.
James Cook University
Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
Mount Isa Centre for Rural and Remote Health Directorate
- Contribute to the development of remote health workforce safety research project.
- Undertake research project in collaboration with the research team and collaborative partners
- Join the JCU PhD cohort program
- Contribute to the development of a MICRRH community of researchers in remote, rural and Indigenous health;
- Contribute to research support and continuing education to other novice researchers and health professionals across the region undertaking research.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Position Title is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Position Title is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The Position Title is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
- It is a requirement of this position to sometimes work outside of normal working hours and to undertake travel within the MICRRH region.
- It is a requirement that this position be eligible to join the cohort doctoral program.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Remote health professional, public health or research qualification
- Research experience relevant to opportunity;
- Demonstrated understanding of remote primary care, remote area nursing, workforce and health services in a remote and Indigenous contexts such as outback Queensland;
- Ability to work effectively in a small team;