Senior Research Fellow, Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
This position based in Mount Isa will contribute to the development of strategic research and research education relevant to rural, remote and Indigenous health, health services and workforce through development of a community of researchers, network collaboration and support of novice researchers, students and other health professionals undertaking research.
Position Overview here
James Cook University
Division of Tropical Health and Medicine organisational Chart Link
Mount Isa Centre for Rural and Remote Health Directorate Chart Link
- Contribute to the development of remote, rural and Indigenous health, health services and workforce through research and education, innovation and the provision of an evidence base for the context of outback Queensland;
- Contribute to the development of a MICRRH community of researchers in remote, rural and Indigenous health;
- Undertake and contribute to strategic research relevant to health workforce and health in outback Queensland and the achievement of MICRRH’s KPIs and goals;
- Collaborate with fellow remote and rural health research academics though the ARHEN and JCU research networks;
- Provide research support and continuing education to novice researchers and other health professionals across the region undertaking research.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Position Title is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Position Title is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The Position Title is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
- It is a requirement of this position to hold a drivers license and undertake remote travel
- It is a requirement of this position to occasional work out of office hours
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Postgraduate remote, public health or research qualification (PhD)
- Research experience relevant to opportunity;
- Early career research knowledge translation and publication track record;
- Demonstrated understanding of health, health workforce and health services in a remote and Indigenous context such as outback Queensland;
- Ability to work effectively in a small dispersed team;
- Experience in health professional / tertiary teaching
- Postgraduate remote or public health qualification
- Experience in developing novice researchers