Senior Media Relations Specialist, Journalist
The Government Communications Department seeks an incumbent asseniorspecialist in the area of media services, proactively increasesandensures positive and continuous visibility of the University intheArabic and English news media in the United Arab Emirates and intheGulf Region, with a major emphasis on Abu Dhabi.
- Develops relations with Arabic and Englishmediain Abu Dhabi on behalf of the University, including the following:
- Designs and prepares extensive daily coverageofUniversity news and events for distribution to Arabic and English media
- Conducts research for newsworthy material intheUniversity community for the respective campuses.
- Sets, decides and maintains the mostconducivemedia strategy for the communication.
- Organizes and oversees press interviewsandpress conference with members of the University communitywithparticular attention to providing professional assistance toUniversity leadership
- Selects news which may be appropriatetotranslate for publication in the media.
- Oversees the preparation of the advertisingandpublications copy in Arabic and English, as needed.
- Researches, recommends and implements thebestpractices in media relations.
- Oversees the arrangements for mediaatuniversity events. This includes inviting and welcomingEnglishand Arabic media, directing them, providing press releases,andproviding hospitality as necessary.
- Draws the attention of the Vice PresidentandProvost to any negative press or news of interest.
- Provides recommendations to theUniversityleadership with devising strategies tocounter adverse media relations.
- Works collaboratively with Development stafftopromote the work of the Zayed University Foundation withphilanthropyand provides positive and timely media coverage for donorsand funding initiatives
- Should possess a minimumof7years’experience writing or editing for Arabic and English inarelated field and a Bachelor’s degree in JournalismorCommunication or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Superb Arabic and English writingskills,withemphasis on journalistic writing
- Ability to manage deadlines and handlemultipletasks simultaneously with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong U.A.E. media contacts
In addition to completing the online application form, attach acoverletter, a current CV, and the names and contact details ofthreeprofessional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only ifyouare selected for an interview.