Image Analysis Specialist
Deadline 23 Dec 2019
Start date 1.10.2019
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position Image analysis specialist
CELLIM – Cellular Imaging Core Facility is a light microscopy facility of CEITEC MU. Main role is to provide access to state-of-the-art light microscopy techniques and support during acquisition and image analysis to all its users. More information about facility you can find https://www.ceitec.cz/bunecne-zobrazovani/cf119. Currently we are looking for image analysis specialist, who would be responsible for developing and performing image analysis tools for facility users.
- Provide basic and advanced image processing methods: segmentation, objects detection & classification, feature extraction using variety of analytical tools, such an IMARIS, FIJI/ImageJ, Cell Profiler, Matlab to all facility users.
- Writing customized tools in ImageJ/Matlab/Python.
- Teaching image analysis methods on small workshops organized by CELLIM.
- Maintaining microscopy computers.
- Master degree in bioinformatics, or related field
- Good knowledge of image processing methods and algorithms
- Ability to work in service oriented mode
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Good communication in English language
- Flexible time
- Interesting work with variable image datasets from variety research laboratories
- MU employment benefits
- Starting date: October 2019
- Length of contract – 1 year, with possibility of extension
Anticipated start date:
Please send the application (Letter of motivation, CV with description of required skills and contact details of two references) by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please quote the “position” in the subject.