Postdoctoral Position in Environmental Systems and Performance
JOB OPPORTUNITIES: POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS
Technologies: Environmental Systems and Performance
The research tasks explore innovative ideas investigating the impacts of photovoltaic (PV) systems selection and their impacts on localised power generation for building integrated photovoltaic systems (BIPV). Modifications to the PV systems to enhance their power generation efficiency will be examined to satisfy the increasing demand and reduce maintenance of the systems under tropical context. This research will run in parallel with other two other research projects at the Tropical Technology (T2) Lab related to the the productive façade and natural ventilation in the tropical environment.
This project involves diverse theoretical as well as applied facets of solar energy, food production and fluid dynamics as well as architecture. The candidates are preferred to have prior hands-on experience with a theoretical background as well as experimental research in architecture or building energy and built environment. This position will also assist in project management to ensure the successful completion of the proposed work. Specifically, this position will be responsible for assisting in overall project management as well as theoretical and experimental development in educational research, development of visualisation teaching materials for building systems, data analysis and reporting. S/he will assist in other aspects of the research and dissemination of the results.
Research Expertise & Foci areas: Architecture, Solar Energy
Duties and Responsibilities expected from the Post-Doc Candidate
- Assist in overall project management
- Assist and take care of all the tasks related to publications in the domain.
- Participate in research and writing of articles
- Assist in development, design, and setup of the experiments/surveys
- Conduct numerical simulation
- Manage theoretical and statistical analysis
- Analyse and collect data, and graphical representation of information using suitable tools (such as SPSS, MATLAB, PVsyst, ArcGIS, etc.)
Qualification & Requirements
- PhD Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Knowledge of the photovoltaic systems and design
- Knowledge of the fluid dynamics and numerical simulation
- Strong track record in research work and writing
- Preferably, skilled in graphic design and representation using ArchiCAD or Revit
- Capacity to work independently
- Good Management skills
Duration of Appointment
2 years. (Note: Candidate is expected to commence work starting 9 September 2019)
Until the position is filled. Appreciate your understanding in advance that only selected qualified applicants will receive responses.
Compulsory Information to Include
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), please provide consent for the collection, use and disclosure of personal data, using the NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants form.
For more information, please visit NUS > Careers > Academic Appointments.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants, please send in the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter describing career goals and motivations
- Examples of two to three pieces of scholarly writings
- Other forms of research work
- 3 recommendation letters
The National University of Singapore is a research-active university that offers an attractive employment package. Appointees will find, within the Department, a stimulating and well-resourced environment to pursue innovative and multi-disciplinary designs backed up by research that addresses the needs and conditions in Asia.