- Join Newcastle's Architecture School of the Future
- Seeking excellence in design studio teaching and ability to deliver innovative design
- Opportunity to deliver other teaching such as architectural communications plus more
The University of Newcastle is seeking a Lecturer of Architecture to join the School of Architecture and Build Environment.
At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change. Our commitment to the Student Experience and positive outcomes for graduates is fundamental to all aspects of our learning and teaching.
Is this role for you?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the University of Newcastle for an early career academic to take up a fixed-term (3 year), teaching and research position (level B1) to cover a staff member taking up an ARC DECRA research fellowship. The ideal candidate would have a passion for teaching and a motivation to build research capacity in the field of design and wellbeing relative to a number of emergent and exciting opportunities to collaborate with the university’s research partners, including the Hunter Medical Research Institute and NSW Regional Health Partners.
What you will do
- Establish a record of outputs/creative works in high quality refereed journals/outlets consistent with ERA eligible outputs in the discipline and thematic areas;
- Take an active role in collaborating on grant applications with other SABE staff members and provide evidence of emerging national and international recognition in one’s field of expertise;
- Deliver educational leadership in Teaching and Learning at the course level and contribute to the program; and
- Actively contribute to the School through a range of administrative functions including committee roles, course coordination.
- A PhD in Architecture, combined with demonstrated experience in the architecture industry or equivalent;
- Demonstrated excellence in design studio teaching with a distinctive and innovative design studio teaching practice, curriculum and projects. Proven ability to deliver distinctive and innovative design studio teaching practice, curriculum and projects;
- Expertise, enthusiasm and high level ability to deliver courses outside of studio including architectural communications, construction technology, professional practice and/or history/theory courses; in cohorts of up to 150 both online and on-campus; and
- Evidence of ERA eligible research outputs including design or practice-based projects (built or speculative).
For a full job description visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/job-vacancies
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/benefits-at-a-glance
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The remuneration is from $97,268 + 17% superannuation and is commensurate with experience.
Your next steps
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
Closing date: Wednesday, 19 June 2019