VE Teacher, Advanced Diploma of Building Design, Architectural
Expression of Interest: Vocational Education Teacher - Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural)
- College of Design and Social Context
- RMIT CBD Campus
- $69.67 - $72.41 per hour
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Vocational Education, Design and Social Context delivers a range of educational programs from certificate to associate degrees, as well as skills-based training for industry clients.
The School consists of three clusters:
- Design and Technology (including Building Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Fashion Design & Technology, Fashion Merchandising, Footwear design, Visual Merchandising, Interior Design & Fashion Styling).
- Social Futures (including Social Care, Translating & Interpreting, Tertiary Preparatory Education and Teacher Education Preparation).
- Media, Art and Communication (including Visual Arts, Media, Writing and Photography).
The Role & Experience Required
The highly regarded Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural) is growing and the School is looking to recruit multiple energetic, motivated candidates as sessional teachers.
Building Information Modelling (BIM), especially REVIT software, is a key area of expertise required but other areas of building design expertise will be considered. The successful applicants will have experience in teaching vocational education and the building design industry. Highly developed IT skills and proficiency in a range of digital software related to Building Design is required.
It is expected that appointees will work effectively in the teaching team to deliver distinctive and leading education and training in Building Design. You will work closely with related industry groups as well as developing strong internal relationships with other areas within the university.
- An advanced diploma qualification in Building Design or an equivalent qualification in another directly related discipline is essential.
- Candidates must possess a Cert IV Training & Assessment (TAE40110/40116) and will need to complete compulsory new units TAELLN411 & TAEASS502 upon employment.
Appointment to these positions is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter outlining your interest and suitability
- CV demonstrating relevant industry and teaching experience and qualifications
For confidential queries, please contact Jean Paul Rollo, Program Manager, School of Vocational Design and Social Context on +61 3 9925 3696.
Applications close: Sun June 6th 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time