Adjunct Lecturer/Adjunct Instructor
Department: School of Architecture (1004)
Location: Main Campus
The University of Arizona School of Architecture invites applications for the following part-time Adjunct Lecturer of Adjunct Instructor teaching positions for the 2019-2020 Fall, Spring and Summer: Foundations Studios, Design Studios (various levels), Advanced Technology, Internship, Design Communications, Architecture History and Theory, and Professional Practice Courses.
This opportunity is available for one or more semesters: Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and/or Summer 2020. Benefits eligibility will be dependent on the corresponding duration of employment and FTE under which you are hired. Below is the criteria that will be used to determine benefit eligibility:
- Not Benefits Eligible: An individual that is hired to work at an FTE of 0.49 or less, and/or for a period of less than 90 days.
- Limited Benefits Eligible: An individual that is hired to work at a 0.50 FTE or greater, for a period of at least 90 days, but less than six months.
- Full Benefits Eligible: An individual that is hired to work at a 0.50 FTE or greater, for a period of six months or greater.
- The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaching and development of the specific course as required.
- Participation as a member of the Faculty of Architecture by attending faculty meetings.
- Minor service responsibilities to the School
- Professional degree in architecture, or relevant degree in engineering, theory, or art history
- For teaching graduate students, a Master’s degree in architecture is required
Advanced degree in architecture, professional licensure in architecture.
Tenure Information: Career-Track (NTE)
FTE: Will Vary Based on Department Need
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: Varies upon Dept. Needs
Posted Rate of Pay: DOE
Job Category: Faculty
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)