Teacher/Tutor, Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- School of Access Education
- CQUniversity Rockhampton City, Gladstone, Emerald, Biloela, Mackay and Mackay are looking for expressions of interest for suitably qualified Literacy and Numeracy Teacher/Trainers to deliver the Skills for Education and Employment Program (SEE) & Adult Migrant Education Program (AMEP).
- Casual Teacher Rates apply
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
CQUniversity Australia has been on a phenomenal trajectory in recent years and its remarkable growth in student numbers, new courses, new campuses, infrastructure and reputation has seen it emerge as one of Australia’s truly great universities. The School of Access Education has a strong commitment to social justice and the provision of opportunities that foster greater social inclusion in Higher Education. The school has built a strong reputation for encouraging and supporting CQUniversity students to achieve their educational goals. The School provides pathway courses for prospective students to access award courses and provides academic learning support services to VET, undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students seeking assistance. Through these services, the School of Access Education inspires students to ‘take the next step’ at whatever stage of their learning journey that may be.
Please note this is an expression of interest only - your application will remain current until the end of the year.
You will have:
- Knowledge of the education and training sector and the ability to positively respond to new directions and demands of the training market.
- Possession of a recognised AQF level 7 (Bachelor’s Degree).
- Possession of a recognised post-graduate Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Possession of relevant vocational qualification/s at the level equivalent to or higher than the level to be delivered: industry qualification (certificate, trade certificate, diploma, degree or masters)
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or a Diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education, or equivalent.
- Current working knowledge of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACST).
- Proven ability to develop design and implement individual learning programs and assessment strategies and materials.
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Tuesday 31st December 2019.
When submitting your application, please include the following:
Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria.
Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.