Head of Instructional Design
Head of Instructional Design
United Kingdom Full Time Senior Manager/Supervisor
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum DOE
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
The introduction of our Online Programmes is a great example of the innovation that we are driving across our global business, to ensure that more international students have access to leading universities and the opportunity to reach their potential.
As the Head of Instructional Design, you will join the business in a brand new role that will provide the strategic oversight and direction of our new Online Programmes. You can be based in any of our UK offices or remotely and will work with colleagues from our International Study Centres, Colleges, central functions and partner Universities. You will be the key conduit between academics and technologists – adapting and developing our curriculum for online delivery.
This is a role full of challenge, opportunity and change that allows you to utilise your expertise and passion for technology, as well as your and skills experience in programme design and development. You will be at the core of a team that provides life to a brand new initiative which will develop and grow quickly. If you are committed to exceptional student experiences and are expert in online learning then this is a fantastic platform to take ownership of a project that will have a huge impact across the company and learners across the world.
- Ensure the timely design and delivery of high-quality online programmes, originating from Study Group’s current on-campus courses.
- Ensure the programmes fulfil our learning and teaching strategy and wider quality assurance guidelines and standards.
- Set the programme aims and learning outcomes to ensure that the learning experience incorporates a strong programme identity.
- Ensure that teaching and learning methods (including contact-time and guided independent study) across the programme are planned so as to progressively support student success and the achievement of the learning outcomes.
- Plan an appropriate balance of formative and summative assessment methods across the programme so as to progressively support students’ assessment literacy, independent learning and self-awareness.
- Collaborate with Admissions teams towards the implementation of an effective recruitment strategy for the programme.
- Actively engage in student marketing and recruitment activities. Provide input into course publicity, prospectus material, widening participation initiatives, liaison with partner bodies and other external engagement.
- You will be a highly motivated academic leader who has had considerable experience of programme development, design and implementation within various online media (VLE, MOOC and bespoke online learning platforms).
- You will have technical competence across many of the major platforms used by higher education and commercial operators.
- You’ll be educated to at least Masters Degree level.
- You will have had experience of working within higher education and be highly networked with relevant agencies and organisations.
- A competitive salary and bonus
- A competitive holiday allowance
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
- A highly collaborative and dynamic team culture, truly delivering our vision to build a better world through education.
We are Study Group, the leading global pathway provider in international education, working collaboratively with over 40 leading international Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to students from across the world.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.