Director, Student Engagement, Faculty of Science and Engineering
3 years fixed term, full time
A competitive salary will be offered plus 17% superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai. Curtin has a focus on student engagement and impact and has a record of accomplishment in translating its learning and teaching to meet its student’s needs.
Your new role
A rare opportunity awaits for a Director, Student Engagement to strengthen ties between students, industry and the Faculty of Science & Engineering (SAE) as part of delivering the University Learning and Student Experience Strategic objectives.
Your role will lead the development and implementation of the Faculty’s Student Retention Plan, student engagement and employability strategies and equity initiatives. You will support the University student recruitment objectives and implement strategies to enhance graduate outcomes.
You will bring to the role
- A relevant postgraduate qualification and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- A record of high achievement, or leadership and service, with regard to learning and teaching, student experience initiatives, scholarship or research creative works
- Demonstrated record of effective student engagement and support and a strong commitment to improving the quality of student experience
- Demonstrated effective strategic planning, management and leadership skills
- Proven knowledge of industry issues and trends relevant to science and engineering
- Proven ability to build and maintain industry relationships important to SAE and potential industry partners both nationally and internationally
- A PhD would be advantageous
What we offer you
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers exciting career paths and trajectories including:
- conducting innovative work that will make real-world difference,
- interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners, and
- international recognition.
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, a relocation allowance, generous superannuation, salary-packaging arrangements including childcare, and the potential to support dual-career arrangements.
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5 pm, Monday 8 April 2019
How to Apply: To be considered for the role, please apply via https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN629
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Curtin University has a bold vision to be one of the leading institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. Curtin is now entering an exciting phase as it focuses on further building its research capacity, and improving its already strong reputation for innovation in learning and teaching.
Explore some more https://scieng.curtin.edu.au/
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Associate Professor, Chris Rawson – Dean, Learning and Teaching, Faculty of Science and Engineering
Phone: 08 9266 2033
Please only apply via the attached link. Please do not send your resume direct to the above contact.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.