Portfolio Manager, Strategy and Architecture
- Key leadership appointment for establishing delivery roadmap for Information and Technology investment initiatives in line with IT strategies and architecture
- Level 10 Grade 2, full-time appointment on a permanent/ongoing basis
- Salary range: $157,513 to $163, 668 (inclusive of 17% superannuation)
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
UWA is making significant investments in the Information and Technology Services to enable its strategic direction and goals. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
The function of the Strategy and Architecture unit is to own and align strategy, architecture and programs as well as projects management across the University.
About the opportunity
As the Portfolio Manager, you will establish and deliver a roadmap for Information and Technology investment initiatives in line with IT Strategies and Architecture. You will provide overall project management frameworks to drive appropriate approaches for project delivery based on the nature and requirements of each initiative. You will also ensure discipline is adopted for all project delivery.
You will work closely with the IT Solutions and Delivery team and the IT Strategy and Architecture team to ensure timely monitoring, tracking and reporting of initiatives’ performance for governance decisions on deviations and risks. In addition, you will manage the IT Service Catalogue and undertake regular competitor and market research to strive for continuous improvement in IT service delivery.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Relevant experience in managing technology portfolio lifecycle to ensure the ongoing sustainability of the services
- Relevant experience in contributing to long term planning and key strategic direction
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenge and business requirement
- Demonstrated influential written and verbal communication skills with ability to establish positive stakeholder relationships at all levels of the University and negotiate competing priorities whilst always remaining fully customer focused
- Demonstrated significant planning skills to drive multiple projects, including oversight of the development of initiatives and frameworks to drive project prioritisation, governance and benefits realisation
- Extensive experience in programme management with an in-depth knowledge of various project delivery approaches including Waterfall, Agile and Rapid
- Demonstrated significant experience in managing a team of IT specialists, including ability to lead and develop team members in a collegial environment
- Demonstrated understanding of IT industry trends and their applications in the higher education sector
- Demonstrated ability to understand business context and apply sound judgement in staff, financial and vendor management
- Relevant project management certification is desirable
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector is desirable
About the campus
We work at one of Australia’s most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Sunday, 7 April 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).