Director, Centre for Learning and Teaching
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION WILL BE NEGOTIATED
- LEVEL E (PROFESSOR), FULL-TIME, 5-YEAR FIXED TERM
We are seeking an inspiring leader to champion the future direction of Edith Cowan University’s Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT). The Director, CLT in collaboration with the Deputy Vice- Chancellor (Education), will shape the University’s strategy to support the current and future requirements of the University in learning and teaching services supporting the ongoing quality of ECU’s academic operations across all ECU locations and modes of delivery.
The Centre for Learning and Teaching delivers a comprehensive suite of services and programmes that promotes high quality learning and teaching outcomes for students and academic staff. Working closely with key stakeholders, the Director, CLT will foster a culture of innovation and capability building, and create an agile, responsive and highly accountable service culture across the Centre for Learning and Teaching.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant field;
- National and preferably international standing in the field of learning and teaching and student success.
- Significant demonstrated experience in leading whole of institution transformations in a university setting;
- Commitment to excellence and equity in higher education consistent with the varied disciplines at Edith Cowan University;
- Significant leadership experience in developing high quality academic programs, student experience and or academic development programs;
- Successful experience in management of personnel, projects and budgets
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, fixed term position attracts a competitive remuneration package, including 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
For a confidential discussion about this unique leadership opportunity, please contact Professor Angela Hill, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com, including:
- A full curriculum vitae including telephone and email contact details.
- A supporting statement/cover letter of no more than four (4) pages outlining your claims to the position.
- Names, titles and contact details for three referees (please note referees will not be contacted without specific prior consent).
Applications close on Wednesday 3 April 2019 at 5:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.